All students, grades K-8, must wear Academy of Our Lady school uniforms. It is the responsibility of the parents and students to see that they are in the appropriate uniform, including shoes, socks, and belts.
- Hoods or hats of any kind are not to be worn while inside the school building.
- Hair: Hair grooming should be appropriate and conducive to the environment of a Catholic school. Etching or Mohawk cuts are not permitted. Hair may not be dyed or colored. Hairstyles should not impede vision. Boy’s hair may not be longer than the collar.
- Jewelry: Jewelry may not be worn on Gym days for the students’ safety. On other days, girls may wear one stud earring in each ear. Boys may not wear earrings. Students may wear a religious medal (as a bracelet or necklace) and a watch. iWatches or other watch devices are not permitted.
- Make-Up and Nail Polish: Make-up and nail polish are not permitted.
- Spring/summer uniforms are optional and are only permitted at the following times:
1) first day of school until October 15th
2) April 15th until the end of the school year.
- If choosing to wear the spring/summer uniform:
* K-4 girls must wear polo shirt and navy skort/pants
* 5-8 girls must wear polo shirt and plaid skort/pants
* K-4 boys must wear polo shirt and navy shorts/pants
* 5-8 boys must wear polo shirt and khaki shorts/pants
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times
- Sneakers may be worn with the spring/summer uniform. Sneakers must be solid white, black, or navy. Or they may be a combination of black/white or navy/white only. Other colors, no matter how slight, are not permitted. No high tops or light-up sneakers are permitted.
- Spring/summer uniform socks should be ankle height and either solid black, navy or white. “No-show” socks are not permitted.
- The fall/winter uniform must be worn after October 15th and until April 15th
- When wearing the fall.winter uniform:
* Girls K-4 must wear blouse, jumper, and navy knee-high socks or tights. Girls' skirts must be no higher than 2” above the knee.
* Girls 5-8 must wear blouse, vest/pullover, plaid skort, and navy knee-high socks or tights. Girls' skirts must be no higher than 2” above the knee.
* Boys K-4 must wear collared shirt, navy pants, vest/pullover, tie, black/brown belt (belt optional for K-2), solid navy/black socks. Shirts must be tucked in at all times
* Boys 5-8 must wear collared shirt, khaki pants, vest/pullover, tie, black/brown belt, solid navy/black socks. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Shoes for all boys and girls should be a closed tied oxford type shoe, boat shoe, dress loafer, or Mary Janes. Shoe colors are solid navy blue, black or brown. Boots, light-up shoes, clogs, slippers, or slipper-like shoes are not permitted.
Physical Education Uniform
- The K-8 Physical Education uniform, worn only on Gym days, consists of t-shirt/sweatshirt and shorts/sweatpants.
- Students may wear t-shirt and shorts as their summer uniform on gym days when the summer uniform is permitted
- Students must come to school wearing sweatshirts and sweatpants during months when only the fall/winter uniform is permitted. During this period students may wear their t-shirt/shorts underneath and remove the sweatshirt/sweatpants for gym class.
- Sneakers should be worn on days your child has physical education. Sneakers must be solid white/black/navy or they may be a combination of black/white or navy/white only. Other colors, no matter how slight, are not permitted. No high tops or light-up sneakers are permitted.
- Girls' Physical Education shorts must be finger-length.
Color Days and NUT Card Days
The Principal reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of outfits. NUT Cards may not be used on days of Liturgy or Prayer Services. Please dress appropriately and use the following as a reference:
- Leggings must be covered by a tunic, dress, or top no higher than 2” above the knee.
- Spaghetti/bikini straps are not permitted. Sleeveless shirts must have straps that are a minimum of 2 inches.
- No shirts with inappropriate images or writing.
- Bottoms with rips or writing are not permitted.
- Skirts, shorts and dresses must be no higher than 2” above the knee.
- No flip flops, slippers, or heels.